Redirecting to .com (without confusing CloudFoundry…)

It’s a two-for-one today – a “gotcha” and a “how to” all rolled into one, this time about redirecting in a Grails filter.

Much like my favicon woes my initial attempt to redirect to a primary domain (a .com without the “www” prefix) had some unexpected consequences when deployed to a live server on CloudFoundry – I started getting warnings that my site had gone down!

In this post I’ll hopefully save you the panic of CloudFoundry telling you that your site’s not responding when you try to rationalise your domain names!

Continue reading

Grails Filter Fail (Update)

[sigh] Some days just seem to be wasted trying to work out why some apparently simple task cannot be accomplished. The frequency of such days has increased somewhat since I started using Grails – while I am a fan of the framework it is still occasionally buggy and badly documented and I seem to stumble into issues every week.

Continue reading